Monday 25 October 2010

The Knitting and Stitching Show

I ran the Knitting Surgery at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally again this year. This year the exhibition organisers decided I should be in the same area at the 'Knit 1 Pass it on' UK Handknitters Assocciation stand so that meant my stand was in the Palm Court rather than in one of the exhibition halls. The stand was to the left hand side of the Palm Court, in front of the Tea Room and by one of the cafes.

My DH came to help me put up the stand which is just as well as the stand area and board was not what I was expecting. It was good to have a white backing to the stand but this did cause some problems as I has expected the grey fabric covered panels but I think we managed to put a a pretty good display.

These are some pictures of putting things together on the Wednesday - the table was very useful!


As you can see my stand was more or less in the cafe area which did make it difficult at times for people to get to the stand.




Despite some of the problems with the position of my stand quite a few people did manage to find me even if it was on their way out and i was able to help quite a few people with their knitting problems.

I will be running the Knitting Surgery at the Stitch and Creative Craft Show, Sandown Park, in January and at Unravel in Farnham in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment