Tuesday 29 May 2012

French Treats Design Week Day 3

Today we had a trip out to La Rochelle. As it was Sunday most of the shops were closed but there was a craft market down by the harbour. We got to La Rochelle for about 11.15 and all had a walk around.

John and I walked around the harbour from one side to the other and into part of the old town. It was a lovely day so there were lots of opportunities for taking photos.





We then met up again to have lunch together at a creperie (can't spell this). One of the savoury crepes was called 'Fiona'. I didn't choose it but my neighbour at the table did so I took a photo - fame at last!!


After lunch we all had to go and draw. I selected to try and draw the skyline over the top of the craft tents. I haven't taken pictures of my drawings as they were all quite quick (and not very good) sketches, but I might post them another time. However drawing in public does attract a bit of attention and I had several people stop to look at what I was doing. I was very pleased with myself that I managed to tell one lady in French that I was there with my teacher but that was it!

I was asked by another lady if I was an Urban Landscape Artist. I don't think she can have looked very carefully at my drawing. I did take lots of photos while I was there so I could possibly use them instead of my drawings. I know it is a bit of a cheat but 'a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do' to make the most of the design time.

I'll post some pictures of the design development from this day soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment